Pasta Salad With Seared Herb Garlic Dressing, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Buffalo Mozzarella
- -1 cup of cooked pasta
- -1 thinly sliced cucumber (I use a vegetable slicer)
- -1 thinly sliced carrot
- -1 finely chopped green bell pepper
- -1 finely chopped red bell pepper
- -1 finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- -1/2 cup of coriander
- -1/2 cup of parsley
- -1 garlic clove
- -Salt and pepper
- -Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- -1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
- -A handful of pulled apart buffalo mozzarella
- -1/2 a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
Make the dressing by pulsing the dressing ingredients in a food processor until you achieve a smooth sauce. Empty the sauce into a small saucepan on medium heat and cook for about a minute or two just to cook the garlic, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
Toast the pine nuts by placing on medium high heat in a saucepan just until slightly browned. Remove and set aside.
Place the pasta, cucumber, carrot, and bell peppers in the serving bowl you have chosen. Follow with the mozzarella cheese, pine nuts, dressing, and balsamic vinegar. Taste to see if seasoning needs adjustment.
Mix really well so all the ingredients are coated well with the dressing.