Savory Spinach Bites
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 2 10-ounces packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 8-ounce bag of herbed seasoned stuffing mix
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
3. Add onion and cook until the onions are translucent and soft, about 5 minutes or so.
4. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
5. In the meantime, remove excess water from thawed spinach by pressing it between paper towels. **You do not need to cook the spinach.
6. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, spinach, eggs, Parmesan, salt and pepper, and onion/garlic mixture. Combine well.
7. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. One at a time, using your hands, roll the mixture into individual 1-inch balls. Place each one on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
9. Bake the balls for about 15-20 minutes, or until very slightly browned.