Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
makes 16 small squares
- 2.5 cups whole rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk (regular or soy milk would be fine)
- 1 large egg (or 1 “flax” egg – see note below for vegan option)
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8 x 8 pan w/ cooking spray & set aside.
- Mix together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add in the milk, vanilla, and egg. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Add mashed bananas, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Cut into bars and enjoy!