- This recipe can make 2-3 slices. If you are feeding many – just double everything.
- You can use all egg whites but I use 2 eggs - good flavor, texture, and where all the nutrients are.
- Can use any protein powder you want. I use vanilla flavor but chocolate could work.
- I use freshly ground nutmeg, so amazing if you have this. Otherwise in the jar is just fine.
- I LOVE Himalayan sea salt (brings out the flavor BIG time) but if you do not have this you can absolutely use salt.
- Use any fruit you like. You could even add say blueberries to the egg mixture too so they warm up in the pan.
- You can could even add a big dollop of Greek yogurt or your favorite nut butter too.
- 2-3 slices of Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel Bread, recommended to keep this “light”
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or use milk of choice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten - or can use all egg whites
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbs of coconut sugar or a packet of Stevia, or sweetener of choice to taste
- 1 tbs of flaxseed, great nutty flavor or can use chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 grinds of Himalayan sea salt or about 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein, can use any brand you like
- Any fresh and organic fruit you like; I like fresh berries, a sliced apple or banana.
- You can use maple syrup, or agave, or raw honey as well.
- Also a BIG dollop of your favorite yogurt or nut butter would be excellent! Then I add just a dust of cinnamon as the very last step.
- In a med bowl mix the dry ingredients; protein powder, nutmeg, salt, flaxseed (or chia seeds), and coconut sugar (or sugar).
- Next add in the 2 eggs, the almond milk (might need more), and vanilla extract. Whisk well until most clumps are gone. (You will have a few).
- Place this mixture in a shallow bowl. Add one slice at a time. Let it soak up all the mixture. You can prick your fork a few times to let is soak in more. Flip and repeat.
- Heat a pan over med heat. I use coconut oil, (or oil of choice) and when warmed; add the slice. Let cook for about 1-2 mins each side. NOTE: because of the protein powder it can burn easier than you would think so watch it.
- Now repeat the process. Add the next slice of bread in the egg mixture. Coat both sides. Add more oil to the pan if needed and cook 1-2 mins each side. Remember to double this if you are making more than on serving.
- Place on a plate. Add your fruit of choice. Sprinkle with a dust of cinnamon and drizzle maple syrup, agave, or honey over.