Black Bean Burger
Ready in 15 minutes • Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup rinsed black beans
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole wheat bun
- 1 tbsp salsa
- Arugula, to garnish
- Olive oil cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, mash beans, flour, cumin, pepper and egg white together. Add carrots and press into a patty.
- Heat skillet over medium to high heat and coat lightly with cooking spray. Cook patty for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place arugula and patty on bun and top with salsa.