Peanut Butter Banana Oat Pancakes
vegan, makes 7-8 large pancakes
- 3-4 Tbsp peanut butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup soy milk, vanilla
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- safflower oil for pan
1. Combine flax seeds and soy milk. Let stand for at least 2-3 minutes to thicken.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir peanut butter and agave or maple syrup into the flax/soy then fold this wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Fold in the apple cider vinegar last.
3. Heat a small drizzle of safflower oil in a nonstick pan.
4. Pour batter onto hot pan. When pancakes start to bubble through - add banana slices to wet batter and flip. Cook for another few minutes and transfer to paper towel to cool.
5. Serve with fresh bananas and a nice drizzle of agave or maple syrup.