- 5.5 ounce bag of Food Should Taste Good or other sturdy chips (super thin ones can break when you pile up the nachos)
- 6 ounces freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 medium-sized plum tomato, cut in a 1/4-inch dice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup refried beans or mashed black beans
Preheat over to 375°F. Scatter the chips in one layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Dollop large spoonfuls of refried beans across the cheese-covered chips.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and oozing.
While the cheese is melting, mash the avocado in a small bowl with 1/2 the minced garlic and half the lime juice. Taste for salt, adding more as needed. Add the rest of the garlic to a small bowl with the diced tomato. Squeeze on the rest of the lime juice and mix. Taste for salt, adding more as needed.
Lift about a quarter of the chips onto a large serving platter. Dollop with mashed avocado and sprinkle with the diced tomatoes. Place another layer of the chips and dollop with more avocado and tomatoes. Repeat until you’ve used up all the chips, and finish with tomatoes and avocado. Eat as soon as possible.