Lemon Shrimp Arugula LinguineINGREDIENTS:
- 1lb Linguine, dry packaged
- 16 ounces de-veined, shelled shrimp (I buy pre-cooked for easy assembling - if you do this make sure to defrost before adding to sauce pan)
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemons, zested and then juiced
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp EVOO
- 3 packed cups of Arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
For the lemon oil:
Combine 1/3 cup olive oil and the zest from 1 lemon in a small bowl and reserve.
For the pasta:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic shrimp and cook until pink, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked linguine, lemon juice, 1 lemon zested, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Toss to combine. Turn off the heat and add the arugula.
- Add the reserved lemon oil to the pasta. Add some of the cooking water to desired consistency.
- Add the chopped parsley to the pasta and toss to combine.