Scallops Wrapped in Pancetta with Minted Pea Puree
Makes enough for 4 as an appetizer, or 2 as a main
- 12 large scallops
- 6 thin slices of rindless pancetta, or good-quality streaky bacon
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, to serve
For minted pea puree
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon crème fraîche
- Salt & pepper
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, add peas and cook for 5mins until peas are tender but still retains its bright green colour.
- Transfer peas to food processor, then add mint, crème fraîche and season with salt & pepper. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Lightly pat each scallop dry and wrap with half slice of pancetta so that ends are slightly overlapping. Trim off any excess pancetta.
- Heat non-stick pan on high, gently add scallops with part where pancetta overlaps facing down, and fry for 1min to seal ends together.
- Turn scallop over and fry for 2mins per side until cooked through and slightly caramelised. Remove from heat and squeeze lemon juice over.
- Serve scallops on top of pea puree with a lemon wedge.