Whole Wheat Raspberry & Mango Pancakes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped mango
- Maple syrup and extra fruit, for serving-optional
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a large glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, canola oil, egg , and vanilla extract.
3. Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined. Don’t over mix. Gently fold in the raspberries and mango chunks.
4. Heat a griddle pan or non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 of a cup of pancake batter onto the hot griddle pan, spacing out the pancakes a few inches from each other. When the pancakes start to bubble up, flip and cook until pancakes are lightly browned.
5. Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup and extra raspberries and mango chunks, if desired.