Vegan Wild Mushroom Stroganoff
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup quartered baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup quartered shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup quartered button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 can mushroom gravy (such as Campbell’s brand)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (I used mushroom stock)
- 1/2 cup soy sour cream (I like Tofutti brand)
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (I used dried)
Heat the oil and saute the onion and the mushrooms. Sprinkle in the flour and cook to a paste. Add the gravy and the vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
Mix the soy sour cream and the mustard together. Pour into the gravy mixture and heat through.
Garnish with parsley.