Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting
makes 20-24 cupcakes
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 small box Jello Chocolate Fudge instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salted Caramel Frosting (recipe below)
- Pretzel Twists (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 12-cupcake pans with liners. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand held electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, milk and sour cream. Beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Scoop the batter evenly into cupcake liners. I got 20 cupcakes using 1/4 cup measuring cup to spoon into the liners.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the tin and let cool.
- Once fully cooled, frost cupcakes with salted caramel frosting and garnish with a pretzel twist.