Sausage and Broccoli Carbonara
- 1.0 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chipolatas , meet squeezed out and rolled into balls
- 3 eggs
- 50.0g Parmesan , grated, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 300.0g spaghetti
- 1 head broccoli , broken into small florets
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- In a large pan, heat the oil and cook the sausageballs until golden, moving them around in the pan frequently. Meanwhile, mix together the eggs, cheese and some seasoning with a fork in a jug.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Add the broccoli for the final 3 mins, then drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
- Add the garlic to the sausageballs and cook for a couple mins more, being careful the garlic doesn’t brown. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the pasta and broccoli to the sausage pan. Toss everything together, then add the egg mixture. Stir the sauce through the pasta for 1-2 mins. The heat from the pan will cook the sauce – if it is too thick, use a little of the reserved cooking water to thin it. Divide between pasta bowls and serve with extra Parmesan, if you like.