Curried Sweet Potato and Spinach Over Quinoa
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil [they used ghee, and I wished I would have]
- Large handful [or two!] of spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 475º.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1″ cubes. Leave that skin on!
- Toss them with a little bit of olive oil and salt and arrange on a baking sheet lined with a silpat [or parchment/aluminum foil or don't.It's not me doing the dishes!]
- Rinse and strain the quinoa before adding it to a saucepan with two cups of water.
- Bring the pot to a boil, and cook for 12-15 minutes until all of the water has absorbed. Remove it from the heat.
- Heat the oil [or ghee] in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook a few minutes more until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potatoes, broth, and curry powder. Stir to coat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes, adding some salt to taste.
- Finally, add the chopped spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve over quinoa.