No-Bake Blueberry Almond Oat Bars
Makes 16 bars
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- scant 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 lightly packed cup pitted soft Medjool dates (about 10 large)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 10-ounce jar all-fruit blueberry jam, such as St. Dalfour
- 1/2 tsp almond extract, or more to taste
Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper going both ways.
In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, process oats, almonds, and salt until finely ground. Add in the pitted dates and pulse until crumbly. Add in the melted coconut oil and process until the mixture comes together. The mixture should hold together when pinched.
Remove date-oat mixture from the food processor, set aside 3/4 cup for topping, and press the remaining mixture firmly and evenly into the prepared pan.
In a small bowl, stir the almond extract into the blueberry jam.
Spoon the almond extract-infused blueberry jam evenly over the crust in the pan. Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup crust mixture evenly over the jam; press down lightly.
Chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least 1 hour. Cut into 16 squares; store individually wrapped in the refrigerator or freezer.