Indian Chicken and Cauliflower Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons Alfa One rice bran oil
- 350g diced chicken breast fillets
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 350g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Plain Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add rice and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add stock, cauliflower and chicken. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
Add peas. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes or until rice is tender and stock has absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Stir in half the cashews and coriander. Spoon into bowls. Top with remaining cashews and coriander. Serve with yoghurt. For a vegetarian pilaf, omit chicken, use vegetable stock and add 2 large carrots, diced, with onion in step 1.