Applesauce Oatmeal Banana MuffinsINGREDIENTS
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce (I used homemade)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In another bowl whisk together egg, banana, brown sugar, applesauce, and vanilla.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Divide batter among muffin cups filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle rolled oats over top. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
4. Let muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve & enjoy!
**Makes 1 dozen.