- 85g packet orange jelly
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 250g chocolate chip biscuits
- 125g melted butter
- 250g traditional cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup cream
- 1 x 216g bag of crunchie bars
- Optional - handful of dark chocolate chips
1. Make a jelly with the boiling water and cool for 10 minutes while you prepare the base and cream cheese mix.
2. Crush the biscuits in a food processor and combine with the melted butter.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a loose based 21cm tin. CHILL
Into a large mixing bowl, put room temperature cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, juice and orange zest.
4. Mash or using a stick blender, process until smooth.
5. Add cooling jelly and some dark chocolate chips if you want.
6. Beat cream until light and fluffy and add this to the cream cheese mixture.
7. Fold everything together and pour half the mixture onto the crumb base.
8. Crumble half the crunchie bars over the cheese cake then pour remaining mixture on top.
9. Chill overnight.
10. Crumble the rest of the crunchie bars over the top of the cheesecake just before serving.
This can be stored in the fridge for days, when covered with ling film, and it freezes beautifully.
If planning this as a dessert for a party, make ahead of time, wrap well again in cling film and freeze.
Place in fridge the morning of the party to defrost gently.
If you forget, fear not the cheesecake is quite delicious semi-frozen.
Variation:- you can make a lemon cheesecake you use round wine biscuits for the base and lemon jelly and fresh lemon instead of orange
**Originally from Woman's Weekly