(Earl Grey) Shortbread CookiesINGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp Earl Grey Tea
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Confections Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Butter, room temp
- In a food processor blend together flour, tea, salt and sugar until tea is evenly distributed.
- Add vanilla and butter, blending until dough forms. Dough should be in either one or two large clumps, if not, blend longer.
- Remove dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log. Depending on how big you want your cookies to be adjust diameter accordingly.
- Wrap log in the plastic wrap, twisting or rubber banning the ends tightly, and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat over to 375 F.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, cut the logs into slices about ⅓ of an inch thick. If you have left over dough wrap it back up and put back into the fridge to cool.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or just until bottom edges of the cookie are golden brown.
- Remove from over and cool on a wire rack.
— For the tea I used about 4 packs of bagged tea and the rest was loose leaf. This worked well because you were able to get the small pieces of the bagged throughout the cookie so the taste was there and the larger pieces of the loose leaf for that tiny bit of crunch.
— Next time I make these I will probably try it out with a different tea, maybe assam! This is a really good base for shortbread cookies, just leave out the tea or replace with something else.