Red Pepper Sauce with Chickpeas and PastaINGREDIENTS:
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2 - 4 Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup Water or Milk
- 2 Carrots
- 1/3 cup Whole Grain Pasta
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- Salt, Pepper & Seasonings to Taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 Degrees.
2. Cut bell pepper in half, remove the seeds and pith and wash. Skin the garlic cloves. Lightly coat pepper and garlic with olive oil and place in a glass baking dish, with pepper halves skin up. If you choose, you can grind a bit of pepper over top.
3. Roast pepper and garlic in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, peel and grate the carrots, grate the cheese, and set aside. Boil a pot of water for the pasta and cook your choice of pasta according to its instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse, set aside.
5. Once the pepper and garlic is out of the oven, cut the pepper into medium - small sized cubes (the pepper will be extremely soft, so all you’ll need is a fork to cut it). Transfer the pepper and garlic to a small pot and add the tomato paste and milk. Using a hand-blender, blend the ingredients to a smooth consistency (you can also do this in an actual blender if you have one). Add your choice of spices - I used salt, ground pepper, garlic powder and a bit of chili powder, but you can use whatever works for you. Cook the sauce over low - medium heat until it starts to bubble, stirring occassionally.