Skirt Steak with Arugula Salad
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 ciabatta rolls, cut into cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, plus 2 tablespoons brine from the jar
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak
- 6 cups baby arugula
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper, add to the pan and sear until browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn and sear until browned on the other side, 3 to 5 more minutes. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
Add the arugula and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the bowl with the salad and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and divide among plates. Serve with the salad.
Per serving: Calories 559; Fat 30 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 84 mg; Sodium 700 mg; Carbohydrate 27 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 43 g