- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 green peppers, cut into large chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms
- 12 wooden skewers
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, minced garlic and oregano in a large bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. While the chicken is marinating, soak the wooden skewers in water.
Arrange the marinated chicken, peppers, onions and mushrooms on the soaked skewers. Brush with marinade and cook on the grill for approximately 5 minutes each side, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables get a nice char. Remove to a serving tray and serve immediately.