Light Kale Soup
- 1/2 a large yellow onion, diced
- olive oil
- 2 or 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large or 2 small Yukon gold potatoes(these are my preference, any potato can be used, really)
- 5/6 cups of vegetable stock
- around 4 big handfuls of coarsely chopped fresh kale
- salt, pepper, garlic to taste
- I also used a tablespoon or two of a McCormick vegetable seasoning,but this is optional.
- also optional - 2 cups of canned great northern beans (I didn’t have any in my pantry at the time, so the soup is pictured without them)
Start off by heating up a few table spoons of olive oil in a medium sized pot on medium-high, and add your onions, potatoes, and carrots. Let simmer for around 10 minutes, or until the onions are soft. Then add everything else (stock, kale, beans(optional), seasoning - and stir everything together). Turn down the heat a little, and let everything cook for about 15 minutes, or until the kale is completely cooked down, and the potatoes are fully cooked. You’re done! Serve alone or with crackers, or you can save some for later by freezing it in some tupperware.