Coconut Shrimp Noodle Salad
- 10 whole shrimp, peeled & de-veined
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 egg white
- Sea salt to taste
- 8 ounces rice noodles [cooked per package instructions]
- 1 large purple carrot, julienne
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 large radishes, julienne
- 2 handfuls mixed greens -or- chopped romaine
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup Thai basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed chilies
- Mung bean -or- other kind of sprouts [optional]
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Coat shrimp with beaten egg white and coat with coconut.
2. Place shrimp on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper coated with coconut spray.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until shrimp is opaque and coconut starts to color.
4. While shrimp is cooking, combine lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, garlic and chilies in a small bowl.
5. Fill bowls with lettuce then rice noodles.
6. Place shrimp and prepared vegetables over noodles and pour sauce over and enjoy.