Tofu Egg Salad
- 1 14oz block firm tofu
- 2 medium dill pickles, minced
- 5 scallions, green part only, minced
- 5 celery stalks, 5 to 6 inches long, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp pickle juice
- ⅓ c vegan mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- Kosher salt/ fresh ground black pepper to taste
Prepare tofu as directed on box (it must be very dry!) Cut tofu into rectangles, then quarters lengthwise, then cut into a small dice.
In a medium bowl, combine the tofu and remaining ingredients.
You can totally eat this on it’s own as a high protein snack, or add tomato and lettuce and throw the tofu salad onto sprouted grain bread to make a deceptive egg salad sandwich!