Easy Tahini Curried Carrot Salad
vegan, makes 5 cups
- 10 ounces julienne cut/matchstick carrots
- 1 cup organic Thompson Raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1-2 Tbsp Muchi Curry powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- dash of cayenne (for extra spicy salad)
- dash of sea salt on top
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (or sprinkled over top)
1. In a small bowl, combine the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, curry powder, black pepper, salt and garlic powder. Whisk well.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the carrots, raisins and pumpkin seeds.
3. Pour the dressing mixture over the carrot mixture. Toss well until all the ingredients are well coated. Pour into serving bowl to set.
4. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour. Serve chilled.