Blonde Rocky Road
- 1 12-ounce bag butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I like Skippy)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (fine sea salt or table salt)
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, divided (do not chop)
Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with a large sheet of aluminum foil, being sure to get it neatly into the corners of the pan.
In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave on 50% power for about 3 minutes. Stop to stir well. Place back in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds on 50% power and stop to stir again–it should be smooth after a bit more stirring. If not, give it a couple more 30 second bursts of high power and stirring until smooth.
Stir in the vanilla and salt. Stir in 2 cups of the marshmallows and 1/2 cup of the peanuts until well-blended. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining marshmallows and peanuts evenly over the surface, and press lightly into the candy with your palms. Chill until set–15 minutes in the freezer or about an hour in the refrigerator.
Remove the candy slab from the pan and cut into 25 squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.