Breakfast Skillet Taco
- 5 soft corn tortillas (6” diameter)
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional), wear plastic gloves when handling
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby spinach (about 4 ounces)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- sprigs fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Stack the tortillas on a large piece of foil, sprinkle the top one with water, and wrap in the foil. Heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the scallions and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the jalapeno chile pepper (if using), garlic, and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the beans, spinach, and tomato. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Spread the mixture evenly in the skillet.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the cheese. Let stand until melted. Top with dollops of the sour cream and sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Cut the warmed tortillas into quarters or strips. Serve immediately with the taco skillet.