- 3/4 cup butter (don’t use margarine)
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
1) Melt butter and chocolate in microwave in large glass bowl. Let cool a bit.
2) Add eggs, stirring with a spoon to break and combine with chocolate mixture (don’t beat).
3) Add all remaining ingredients except nuts, and blend thoroughly with a spoon (don’t use a mixer).
4) Add nuts and stir til mixed.
5) Turn into a buttered 13x9 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes.
6) The hardest part of making these, is it seems impossible to tell when they are done. You really just have to know your oven. I’ve finally decided it’s 30 minutes - I set the timer, when it dings, I take them out - no matter what they look like, and call it done. But your oven might cook hotter. If you like a more cake like type brownie, you can add another egg.