Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from about 5 limes)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (from about 1 large lemon)
- 2 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 piece lemongrass (4 inches long), minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Thai or Serrano chili, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 lb 99% fat-free ground turkey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
1. In a bowl, whisk lime juice, lemon juice, fish sauce, and honey.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, shallots, lemongrass, and chili. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Add turkey. Season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until meat and vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the dressing to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add mint. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon turkey mix onto lettuce leaves.