- 1 pound tilapia fillets cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp tomato paste thinned with 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp whole brown mustard seed
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Saute onions, garlic, and ginger in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Saute for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in Spice Mix and saute another minutes.
- Add the thinned tomato paste.
- Add peas and fish.
- Toss to make sure fish is completely covered.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish is fully cooked.
- Serve with hot basmati rice.