Skinny Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Makes 42 mini muffins, 24.5 calories each.
- 1 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line mini muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or simply use silicone mini muffin cups. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, grind oats until smooth. Add remaining dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and incorporate fully.
3. Place dry mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Add wet ingredients. Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
4. Place muffins tins in the oven for about 7 minutes (until they have partially set up). After 7 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
5. Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool muffins before removing from pan.