Brown Rice Pasta with a Citrus Dill Wine Sauce
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped (woody ends removed)
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 1 medium sized onion
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 bunch of fresh dill minced
- Approx 1/4 cup of white wine (I used pinot grigio)
- 1 pack brown rice pasta
- 1 pack shrimp (de-veined and shell removed)
- 1 lemon - use the juice and the zest
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil for frying and 2 tablespoons of olive oil as garnish
- 1 pack goat feta cheese (you can use cow feta cheese if you like)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Red chilli pepper flakes as garnish
Heat a large pot on medium heat with olive oil. Fry onions and garlic until the onions are translucent. Add asparagus and green pepper and white wine. Sautee until the white wine reduces to 1/3 of its volume. Add lemon juice and zest, shrimp and cook til shrimp turn pink in color. Turn heat off and remove pot from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook brown rice pasta in a separate pot with salted boiling water until pasta is al dente (approx 10 min). Transfer strained pasta into pot with vegetables and shrimp, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, crumbled feta cheese, all the fresh dill, and red pepper flakes to liking. Serve warm. Enjoy!