Molten Lava Cakes
makes 4 individual cakes
- 4 squares (4oz. total) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons flour
1. Heat oven to 425°F and butter four small custard cups and place them on a baking sheet.
2. Microwave the chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted and the chocolate has begun to soften.
3. Whisk the butter and chocolate until the chocolate is completely melted.
4. Stir in the sugar and then add the whole eggs, the egg yolks, and the flour, and mix well.
5. Spoon into prepared cups and bake for 13 - 14 minutes or until the sides are firm.
6. Let stand for 1 minute, then carefully ran a small spatula or knife around the edges of the cakes to loosen.
7. Carefully invert the cakes onto dessert plates and serve as desired with whipped cream, cool whip, berries, or chocolate sauce.