Black Eyed Pea & Mango Salad with Honey-Cumin Vinaigrette
- 2 c cooked black eyed peas
- 1/2 c diced red onion
- 3/4 c diced red bell pepper
- 1 medium mango, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 2 T finely chopped cilantro
- Honey-Cumin Vinaigrette
- 1/4 c light oil (canola, grapeseed, etc.)
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T honey
- 1/4 c key lime juice (regular lime juice is also fine)
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare the dressing by whisking together all ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
2. Combine all the salad ingredients in a larger bowl. Pour the dressing into the salad and fold together gently, so as to not mash the avocado. Serve on its own or as a side to grilled chicken or shrimp, and enjoy!