Pasta BakePreparation Time
Cooking Time 40 minutes
- 400g dried macaroni pasta
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 100g day-old crusty white bread, crusts removed, coarsely torn
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 425g Latina fresh creamy carbonara pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Add the zucchini in the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain. Return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, place the bread in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle over the oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat the sauce following packet directions. Add to the pasta mixture and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a 2L (8-cup) capacity baking dish. Top with the breadcrumbs. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve.
- Tip: Fresh carbonara sauce is available from the chilled pasta section of some Woolworths supermarkets. If it’s unavailable, use shelf-fresh bechamel sauce, available from the dried pasta aisle, instead.