- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large head Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola, coarsely crumbled
- Red Wine Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound steak (such as New York, rib-eye or filet mignon), pan-fried or grilled and chilled
In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, Belgian endive, red onion, baby arugula and cherry tomatoes, and half of the cheese. Toss the salad with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the salad on a platter.
Cut the steaks crosswise into thin slices. Arrange the steak slices atop the salad and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Drizzle more vinaigrette over the steak slices and serve.