Sesame Pumpkin Wontons
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup drained water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 12 gow gee wrappers (see note)
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt soy sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ÂºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin onto tray. Drizzle with oil. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Roast for 25 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Combine pumpkin, onion, water chestnuts and ginger in a bowl. Place 1 wrapper onto a flat surface. Brush lightly with water. Top with 3 teaspoonfuls of pumpkin mixture. Fold in half and pinch to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and pumpkin mixture.
- Cut slits in a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Use to line a steaming basket. Place wontons onto paper (not touching each other). Place basket over a wok of simmering water and steam for 25 minutes.
- Serve wontons with soy sauce, for dipping.