Oreo Brownie with Cookies n Cream Icing
- 200g dark chocolate
- 250g unsalted butter
- 310g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- cocoa powder (35g)
- 185g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 packet of oreos
Cookies n Cream Icing
- 115g butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 6 crushed oreos
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325ºF). Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool slightly. (you can also place butter and chocolate in the microwave if preferred.)
- Place the sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour into a 20cm-square slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Half the oreos so they are plain circular biscuits and place on top of the brownie batter. (you can chop up the oreos into half's or quarters so they fit how you like) Bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean.
- While the brownie is in the oven, we can get started on the icing! beat the butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. (butter should be slightly softened)
- Fold in the crushed oreos until evenly distributed (it is important that the oreos are not crushed too much, you are aiming for small pieces, not crumbs)
- When the brownie is done, leave to cool before spreading the icing mixture over the to.