Quick Sautéed Zucchini with Lemon Thyme Chicken
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 3/4 pound zucchini (about 2 medium), halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound yellow summer squash (about 2 medium), halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- Chopped fresh thyme, for garnish
1. Place the lemon zest and thyme in a small bowl; toss. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle half of the lemon-and thyme mixture evenly onto one side of each cutlet. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook the chicken, herb side down, turning after 2 minutes. When the chicken is golden and cooked through (about 4 minutes), transfer to a cutting board. Cover chicken, and keep warm.
2. Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; gradually stir in the couscous. Remove pan from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cover couscous, and keep warm.
3. Sauté the zucchini and squash (in the same skillet used for the chicken) over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden and tender (about 4 minutes). Stir in the remaining lemon-and-thyme mixture, chicken broth, and couscous.
4. Spoon the couscous mixture evenly among 4 plates; top each with a chicken cutlet. Garnish with thyme.