Wholegrain Breakfast Flapjacks
- 100g (4 oz) rolled porridge oats
- 60g (2 oz) wholemeal flour
- 60g (2 oz) wheat and barley nugget cereal, such as Grape-Nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 tablespoons apple sauce or purée
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 30g (1 oz) unsalted sunflower seeds
- 30g (1 oz) chopped walnuts
- 200g (7 oz) chopped dried mixed fruit
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas mark 3. Line a 23cm square baking dish with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, cereal and cinnamon. Add the egg, apple sauce, honey, sugar and oil. Mix well. Stir in the sunflower seeds, walnuts and dried fruit. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned around the edges. Let cool. Use the parchment to lift from the dish. Cut into squares, and store in the refrigerator.