Sweet Potato Savoury Slice
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- a few handfuls of baby spinach
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Cook the sweet potato in boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
Place the eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in the sweet potato, spinach, cheese and parsley. Season with the salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour the mixture into a prepared tin (the original recipe uses a 17cm x 27cm slice tin lined with baking paper, leaving an overhang on all sides; i used a 9” silicon pan, which is naturally “non-stick”, so i didn’t have to do anything with it). Arrange the sliced tomatoes over the top. Bake for 35 minutes or until set. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold.