Spinach, Feta and Semi-dried Tomato PieCooking Time
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, chopped
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (125g) semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 60g feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until onion softens. Add spinach. Cook for 2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer mixture to a colander. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 4cm-deep, 24cm round (base), loose-based fluted flan tin. Place 1 sheet filo on a flat surface. Spray with oil. Top with 1 sheet filo. Repeat to make 4 stacks. Line base and sides of prepared tin with 2 filo stacks, side by side, slightly overlapping. Cut each remaining stack into 4. Cover with a damp tea towel. Set aside.
- Place spinach mixture in a bowl. Add tomato, olives, pine nuts and feta. Stir to combine. Spoon into prepared tin. Whisk eggs, milk and pepper together. Pour over spinach mixture. Scrunch reserved filo over filling. Scrunch sides of filo over to enclose filling. Spray top with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is set. Remove foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
Keep warm this winter with our selection of casseroles, slow cooker recipes, soup recipes and pasta bakes.